Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gary Kemp's New "Hand Signed" Books! (Spandau Ballet)

Gary Kemp - The man behind the lyrics of Spandau Ballet, has a new "Lyric Book" as well as an autobiography "I Know This Much Is True"!  Titled after their huge worldwide hit True!  

Martin Kemp, Gary's brother has also written his own autobiography called True
Anyone growing up in the 80's has heard at very least, a handful of Spandau Ballet's hits, from True to Gold, and my very favorite Through The Barricades.
Check out the live backstage footage on YouTube of the 2009 live at O2 DVD.

Lyric Book Co. had been promoting the new Gary Kemp Lyric Book by giving away 10 hand signed copies to those who were able to inspire them by tweeting their favorite Spandau Ballet Lyrics, I too gave it my best shot!  Sorry... no prize this time.  I had to break down and purchase both books for my personal library, they will retire right next to my hand signed copy of "To Cut A Long Story Short" by Tony Hadley (Lead Singer).  Of which I had the pleasure of seeing live in person at the House of Blues in Los Angeles last year .  I even got into the shot, just to the left of Tony's mic stand of this facebook photo.

Moving right along... Spandau Ballet had a huge influence on the English & American youth of the 80's.  Obviously I was and still am a huge fan of them.  Wish them well in all that they do, however, they really don't need my well wishes, for they are Spandau Ballet, musicians, writers, brewery owners, parents and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comment here...